For information on how to meet with a Sociology Major Advisor, please see the Undergraduate Program section of our website.
Sociology Advising Mission Statement
The Sociology advising mission is to guide and support students by providing helpful and timely advising services, clarifying policies and procedures, and encouraging students’ to achieve their educational goals.
Through advising services we support the social development and transformation of students throughout their academic careers. We welcome diversity, cultivate partnership and connection, and value fairness and mutual respect.
424 Social Sciences Building
426 Social Sciences Building
The undergraduate advisors in the department can provide assistance with the following:
- Counseling regarding your education and sociology courses
- Declaring the sociology major
- Assessing your progress in the major
- Administrative concerns (i.e. Cal Central, wait-lists, Add/Drops)
- Graduation matters
- Info on the major, sociology courses, independent studies, Senior Honors Program, student groups, and AKD Honor Society
- Graduate programs and career information and referral